<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Survey of the News... 

It is hard, during the spring to come up with stuff to talk about. I've been concentrating on my Phillies blog, studying for the bar exam, searching for a job, and helping my fiancee plan our wedding. Here were a few things I noticed:

Deion Out, Shannon In: I almost missed this news nugget from the other day: Deion Sanders is finally out at CBS and will be replaced by Shannon Sharpe, formerly of the Denver Broncos ’97 and ’98 Super Bowl teams (and the Ravens 2000 squad). I never liked Sanders, whose faux-posturing, incoherent yelling and out-sized ego just grated on my nerves. Sharpe is a funny guy and I'm sure he has 50X the insight into the game that Sanders, who just came across as stupid, did.

I feel bad for A.J. Feeley: the Dolphins look like they are a real mess, and the shame of it is that I think A.J. will really help them out. Their problem is that Fielder [sic] was never a guy to inspire confidence, but the comments comparing Jay to A.J. are ridiculous: A.J. is a winner and he'll win in Miami, unless the coaches screw it up. The Dolphins perpetual late-season swoon isn't a function of a warm-weather team in a cold climate: they get out-coached. Their 27-24 loss to New England in the 2002 campaign was ridiculous: they blew an insurmountable 11 point lead with just a few minutes to go because they made terrible play-calling decisions.

More later, ya'll!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?