<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Steelers 27, Eagles 21... 

At least nobody got injured ...

Well, there were things I liked about the game: I loved McNabb's scrambling (I said look for him to run more in '04!), and I loved Eric McCoo ... he actually looked like Duce Staley out there, and not just because he wears #22 ... terrific drive from L.J. ...

And there were things I didn't like about the game: McNabb was just 8 for 19! Am I the only one a little worried about this? He needs to be more accurate. And the Eagles need to toughen up against the run. Granted, the Steelers are a great running team, but they need to do better. And Andy Hall essentially played his way off the roster. His throws looked weak and off-target. Jeff Blake is the No. 3 ... drat!

I watched the ESPN broadcast. It was bizarre to hear Thiesman and McGuire with Pat Summerall. Something just a little off about it. hearing Summerall say: "Sportscenter is next..." was jarring. Pat Summerall doesn't say "Sportscenter is next..."! He should be saying something like: "What you just said makes no sense, John..." (It reminded me, back when Summerall was on Fox, of listening to Summerall read promos for The X-Files when the show was on Sunday Nights. Listening to Summerall read off something like: "Tonight on the X-Files, Agent Mulder finds out who in the alien conspiracy was behind the abduction of his sister." I always imagined Summerall turning to his producer and mouthing to him: "What the hell are you making me read?")

But I liked Thiesmann's comment that Buckhalter's injury doesn't just put Westbrook on the line, but it also impacts the Eagles return game. The Eagles are losing an explosive return game now that Westbrook is the A Back. Westbrook basically won the Miracle at the Meadowlands II with a punt return. Is this a hidden danger the Eagles have?

And hey, if I'm a Steeler fan I love what I just saw. Their new QB (I won't try to spell his last name) looked good, and Duce was awesome. These guys are going to be better than I anticipated. I might want to rework my predictions and give them the edge in the AFC North.

I'm off. Talk to you all later!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?