<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 11, 2004

Wild Weekend! 

What a wild weekend in the NFL! The Patriots won their 19th consecutive game, the number of undefeated teams shrank to three (Eagles, Jets, Patriots) and the Seahawks completely blew it against the Rams …

I watched the Rams-Seahawks game and I was stunned by what I saw: the Seahawks stymied the Rams offense and held them to ten points for fifty-five minutes of the game, and then proceeded to give up 17 points in the last five minutes of OT, followed by a touchdown in the opening drive of overtime. If Ray Rhodes keeps his job over this in the off-season, he’ll be lucky …

Here in the NFC East the Ravens 17-10 win over the Redskins is very good news for the Eagles: at 1-4, the Redskins have little hope of chasing us for anything. As for the Cowboys: what is wrong with those guys this season? I thought they’d be the team to beat for the Eagles, but this season is shaping up to be a one-on-one duel between the Eagles and G-men. Speaking of which … count me as skeptical about the Giants 4-1 record. All it will take to put these guys down will be a big hit on Kurt Warner or something…

Watching the Falcons fall from the ranks of the unbeaten was enjoyable: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Michael Vick, for all of his flashiness, is maddeningly inconsistent and not a complete player. Yesterday, against the Lions, he threw for just 196 yards and rushed for just 29. He had no touchdowns and had three turnovers (two fumbles and an interception).

Congrats to the Pats on winning their 19th in a row! Classic victory for them: defense, defense, defense, timely throw by Brady. You've got to wonder: how long will that last?

I also watched the Steelers – Browns game. Duce had a terrific day, and this Rothlisberger [sic?] guy has played well for the Stillers. Even so, watching the game I was left to wonder if the victory was because of the Steelers ability, or the Browns incompetence. (I’ve watched the Browns play the Steelers for years now and every time I shake my head at the mental mistakes and bone-headed decisions the Browns make against their archrivals.)

Tonight … Titans and Pack.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?